Systems Engineer (MLS)
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
We specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice.
A vacancy has arisen for a Systems Engineer based in Cambridge. The successful candidate shall be the technical authority on specific nominated project(s). They will also manage a team of Designers and define the systems engineering architecture for all functions, including the integration of all major subcontracted items.
Applicants shall have a good breadth of Systems Engineering knowledge and an understanding of conceptual and detailed design. Experience in the defence sector and a relevant engineering degree is preferred.
This position would suit a graduate looking for an entry level position into engineering.
* To assist in the systems engineering architecture for specific functions, including major subcontracted items
* To produce specific engineering technical documents (e.g. air conditioning reports, failure analysis, test documentation, paint processes)
* To perform specific cost benefit analyses of various engineering solutions (ensuring specification compliance).
* To research and assess statutory product requirements
* To provide various engineering calculations as required to substantiate the product design
* To assist with the safety arguments and analysis to support the product safety cases
* To assist in the creation of technical data and rationale to support and validate the systems engineering management
* Produce technical specifications for major subcontract items
* Create test schedules for system and system sub components
* Liaise with production to ensure that designs are suitable for efficient manufacture and assembly
* Assist with Engineering support to bids
* Check designs, drawings, product build standards and configuration control ensuring consistency - work closely with CAD designers.
* Ensure requirements traceability according to the projects statement of work.
* Assist in providing documentation across all engineering functions (eg human factors, stress analysis, weight and stability, use in hot and cold environments, component selection, safety, ILS, R&M, task analysis)
ABOUT THE REWARDS
Marshall ADG offers employees an attractive reward package. This comprises:
* Competitive base salary
* Discretionary bonus scheme
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Generous company pension scheme
* Access to a healthcare plan
* An excellent flexible benefit scheme
* Access to a discount scheme which offers substantial savings with a range of retailers, hotel chains, holiday companies etc.
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959917868