Corporate (Financial) Controller
Senior Finance position with a technical focus on the finance function involving working and partnering with 2 other controllers. This role will be pivotal in ensuring the timely preparation of statutory accounts, tax calculations, SOX compliance and internal audit (looking at processes and controls).
SME business with exciting offices in a prime location in Birmingham City Centre who are part of a larger group (US-based). Across 20 offices nationwide, their primary focus is delivering contracts for various clients across consultancy and aiding people who have been through certain life events and helping them transition back into society.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Statutory accounts
- Internal Audit
- SOX compliance
As well as working as part of a project to put a devolved centralised finance back at the heart of the organisation.
The successful Corporate Controller must:
- Hold a recognised professional qualification (ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with strong technical skills
- Have experience of working in a regulatory/audit environment
- Have previous experience of managing staff
- Have the ability to build business relationships at all levels
- Personality is key - candidates must have plenty of drive, motivation and enthusiasm to lead the team
- Communication skills with the ability to operate at all levels
- Excellent Excel & IT skills
- Able to work as part of a senior Finance Leadership team with 2 other Controllers and encourage cross-functional working across the finance function and wider organisation
Competitive salary up to £45,000 with additional benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915701