Senior Due Diligence Analyst: Spanish Speaking : Global Energy Co
Senior Due Diligence Analyst: Spanish Speaking : World Leading Global Energy Trading Co
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 Months Initially
Rate: c.£350 per day
World Leading Global Energy Trading Company has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Due Diligence Analyst: Spanish Speaking to deliver objective reviews of counterparty files and provide accurate analysis and Risk Based Approach logic.
The Trading arm of the global supermajor is a fully integrated business designed to create and capture end to end value for Downstream with a global portfolio covering global crude trading & supply, products trading & supply, natural gas, power, emissions and LNG covering 21 Trading locations. The Financial Crime Team performs on-going monitoring of over 30,000 counterparties.
Customer Due Diligence (CDD) is one of the first lines of defence against financial crime. The CDD process is an essential part of an organisations systems and controls to prevent and detect financial crime with a particular emphasis on Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Combating Terrorist Financing (CTF) and Anti-bribery and corruption (ABC).
As a Spanish speaking Senior Customer Due Diligence Analyst, you will:
- Undertake enhanced, standard and ABC customer due diligence to make recommendation on the suitability of the business relationship (end to end process)
- On-board new customers and re-review existing customers across all client types ensuring all internal and regulatory records management standards are adhered to
- Question and investigate the reliability and integrity of data, the validity of conclusions and the appropriateness of assumptions made
- Analyse and verify evidence collated during the review process to ensure authenticity
- Develop an understanding of the Trading & Supply financial crime systems and controls including a working knowledge of the Compliance, Financial Crime and ABC manuals
- Independently research companies and individuals to identify additional PEP relationships and adverse news
- Present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a persuasive manner
- Manage internal and external stakeholders to keep them appraised of progress and or articulate the requirements to perform the due diligence
- Assist with ad-hoc financial crime investigations and projects
- To be fluent (or native) Spanish speaker
- At least 3 years? experience in financial crime / customer due diligence environment
- Understanding of practices relating to AML, negative media, PEP & Sanctions
- Sound understanding of the UK regulatory environment with regards to financial crime prevention - FCA Financial Crime Rules & Guidance, UK Money Laundering Regulations, UK Bribery Act, FATF and JMLSG Guidance
- Working knowledge of corporate structures and understanding of complex entity structures including SPVs, Trusts and Funds
- Ability to analyse substantial amounts of data and identify red flags
Ideal candidate will also:-
- Experience with Financial Services industry, AML/BSA, KYC, Sanctions, Compliance & Investigations
- Experience of dealing with high risk clients and emerging market jurisdictions
- Attained a professional qualification in Financial Crime
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Specialising within Energy Trading, Oil & Gas, Financial Markets and TV & Entertainment, Eaglecliff Recruitment is ISO accredited, a Member of REC and listed within the top 4% for Financial stability by Dun & Bradstreet. Please telephone for an immediate response or email your CV for a reply within one hour. Eaglecliff Ltd is acting in the capacity of an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for contractor resourcing.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959916853