Technical / Customer Support Engineer, Manchester, £28,000
A Manchester based business leaders in complex measurement technology are recruiting for a Technical / Customer Support Engineer to join the team.
The role will be to provide practical assistance to Internal/External Customers, Distributers and various departments within the company, while using your technical knowledge to answer queries by email, telephone or fax.
- Use of knowledge and training to answer technical queries
- Liaise with Customers, Distributers, Sales, Production and R&D regarding technical matters
- Develop a good technical knowledge and understanding of the product range
- Help with Product Training for Customers, Distributers and as a whole
- Liaise with R&D to help support new product development and feedback product improvements
- Liaise with 'Service’ department and end user to verify 'no fault found’
- Deputise for the Technical Manager
- Help with testing of customer samples, along with reporting
- Provide applications advice to end users, distributers and internal staff
- To record and maintain information using a customer database and help in expanding its use for the 'Technical’ department
- Visit customer sites when necessary (including overseas travel)
- Attend trade shows if necessary
- Develop knowledge and awareness of relevant national and international standards relating to the product line.
Person Specification; the candidate will have some not necessarily all of the below
Educated to ONC/HNC level or equivalent in electrical/electronic, chemical or mechanical engineering.
Experience using electronic and mechanical equipment.
Demonstration of competent technical principles, preferably with an engineering background.
Knowledge of electrical/electronic/chemical/mechanical principles.
Excellent communicator at all levels and good customer service ethos.
Extensive PC skills with knowledge of USB communications.
Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
Methodical & careful approach to practical problems.
Good organisational skills.
Ability to manage own work load and prioritise tasks effectively.
Able to show initiative and adapt quickly to new requirements.
Hands on approach with strong practical skills.
Well organised and methodical.
Well presented with a positive, proactive and professional approach.