Service Desk Improvement Manager
Service Desk Performance Manager - Central Oxford
We are looking for an ambitious and talented service desk manager to join a global client in central Oxford and manage the overall Global Technology Service Desk across the globe whilst ensuring high quality and consistent service levels are achieved.
In this progressive role you will be tasked with the following responsibilities -
- Contributing to the development of the global technology service desk (currently running in several global locations). Working with the Group Management and Service Desk management teams to ensure consistent high quality service is delivered.
- Embed and ensure global processes, tools, vendors and standards within the organisation are maintained from service desk perspective.
- Provide the primary point of contact and stakeholder management for -
- Act as the escalation point for the end user community and drive remedial and continuous improvement actions. Evaluate business risks and issues related to operational incidents, potential changes and internal audit reports. Implementing appropriate risk management processes and take appropriate and timely actions.
- Develop end user service forums and own actions to resolve and / or escalate issues.
- Collaborate with and support other Technology functions in delivery of value added stakeholder management.
- Understand end-user expectations and business needs. Ensure user needs are supported by appropriate service level agreements and contracts -
- Manage / oversee service standards and service catalogues
- Manage finance and budgets as required
- Collate required data and reports for analysis in order to facilitate service monitoring and improved service performance.
- Collaboration with vendor management, legal and third party management where required to ensure the delivery of a seamless end to end service
- Manage local service management contracts, as required, following agreed service and vendor management global policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities for service change, service innovation and continuous service improvement. Understand demand for new or changed services. Document and prioritise requirements as required.
- Support the roll out of technology projects and initiatives. Assess the impact of new services or changes to existing services and support planning and implementation of changes.
We are looking for a dedicated and ambitious individual who can grow with the role and play a key role in the development of the global service desk quality standards, we are looking for skills and experience in the following areas -
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in an IT Services environment and / or business facing IT role
- Experience of using in-sourced and out-sourced services and a good working knowledge of the management of global services
- Strong breadth of knowledge of IT Service Management
- Problem solving and calm under pressure when responding to operational incidents and competing priorities
- Communicate and work effectively with local cultures of the area served. The ability to speak the language of user communities is a definite advantage
- Previous exposure to service level management, relationship management, business risk management, methods and tools and business analysis
- Virtual working and collaboration in a matrix environment
- Relevant Service Management qualifications, ITIL or similar.
We are looking to start the interview process quickly and would welcome applications from any relevant candidates; you can expect to get a competitive starting salary with a really great benefits package on top. Plus the chance to work for a global company offering an incredible work/life balance and bags of career progression and training. Start 2018 with a new challenge and get in touch today for an informal chat.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921314