RISK & ASSURANCE AUDITOR
The Mayor of London Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) are currently recruiting for two Risk and Assurance Auditors to join their team based in London, to assist management of the Directorate of Audit, Risk and Assurance with their responsibilities in achieving the Directorate of Audit, Risk and Assurance Strategic Plan, by reporting on the adequacy and effectiveness of the governance, risk, and internal control framework for MOPAC and the MPS and DARA shared service clients as appropriate.
Main duties and accountabilities:
1. Assisting in effectively planning and scoping audit assignments.
2. Undertaking programmed audit assignments effectively and efficiently under the direction of the Group Audit Lead, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadline.
3. Advising management on the prevention of fraud - identifying fraud risks in areas under audit review and evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of controls in place to mitigate those risks and recommend action to strengthen the control framework.
4. Assisting in the production of quality audit reports to meet the required standard for reporting to senior management, communicating audit results and agreeing actions to address areas of improvement.
5. Under the direction of the Group Audit Lead, informing and advising management of issues that have risk or control implications by providing ad hoc advice and assisting in systems development work.
6. Performing the role of a Risk and Assurance Auditor in support of the shared service agreements across the DARA client base.
A recognised qualification in Internal Auditing at CMIIA level, or an Accountancy CCAB qualification with current membership of the appropriate professional body, demonstrating the ability to operate at a more senior level with the following additional knowledge, skills and experience:
* Good level of practical experience in internal auditing.
* A thorough understanding of systems and risk based auditing.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Internal Audit standards and procedures.
* Good IT skills, competent user of Microsoft Office and IT applications.
* Analytical and enquiring mind with the ability to interpret key data/facts.
* Good oral and written communication skills to produce clear and concise factual findings supporting the reported level of assurance.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with colleagues and DARA clients' managers.
* Consistently and competently applying audit standards and techniques with limited supervision.
* Applying a higher level of critical thinking to effectively communicate the output from audits to senior managers both orally and in writing.
* Demonstrating expertise in a designated area of business/audit and the ability to develop and lead audit work programmes under this area of specialism.
* Consistently producing good quality audit reports with limited supervision and input from more senior managers
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911383