General Manager - Engineering/Materials & Metallurgy Sector
General Manager ? Engineering/Materials Sector, c£70k + benefits
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced individual to manage, direct and co-ordinate the overall activities of this busy engineering/materials testing facility. Based in Hereford, the General Manager will be responsible for around 40 employees currently achieving a £10m+ turnover.
You will be running a key division of a larger corporation (full management, P&L responsibilities). The facility you will manage is made up of a wide range of mechanical, physical and chemical testing laboratories, and as the site lead, you will be tasked with driving the business forward, taking full responsibility for the day to day services supplied both to internal and external customers, made up of the most prominent names in the aerospace, automotive, oil and gas and wind and power generation sectors.
Manage, direct and co-ordinate overall activities including P&L, budgets, staff, resources and testing. Ensure company policies promote and improve the general standards and productivity in order to:-
- Manage the facilities and staff to ensure the deliver services on schedule, making optimum use of the various resources, including approved outwork
- Ensure that adequate resource and facilities are available to meet the company requirements for capacity and response times
- Liaise with the parent company (key customer) and external customers ensuring efficient communications are maintained for reporting and disseminating information
- Procurement of facilities and personnel as required
- Ensure quality standards are maintained; processes are carried out according to established procedures or authorized deviations and that development work is carried out to improve such procedures
- Ensure appropriate standards are set for costs, variances reviewed and corrective action taken
- Initiate investigations by requesting the support of and conducting liaison with the various Service Exercises; overall responsibility for assigned staff in respect of training, safety, morale, discipline, selection and promotion
- Recommend and implement new concepts which have potential in the production environment or any measures for improving productivity and reducing costs
- Implement personnel policies and agreements with trade union, consulting with HR Department and parent company senior management as necessary
- Take ownership of the revenue growth goals, including moving the business forward on capabilities to meet customer requirements
- Implementation of the Health, Safety and Quality Systems
- Demonstrable ability to formulate business strategy, ability to communicate at all levels alongside an entrepreneurial flair and a creative approach to developing business Experience in a senior operations role, within engineering/manufacturing/production
- Experience at a senior level in regards to P&L, staff management and general management responsibilities
- A degree in engineering or materials or metallurgy preferred
- Experience of achieving and maintaining accreditation to ISO/IEC 17025 and NADCAP advantageous
- An analytical problem solver able to distil complex issues into coherent solutions
Salary of £65-£70k per annum (negotiable dependent upon experience) plus quarterly bonuses, pension scheme (employer contribution up to 10%), life insurance, 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays). Relocation assistance in appropriate circumstances.
Applications in writing to our retained search consultant, no agencies please. In view of the sometimes overwhelming number of applications received, it may not always be possible for us to respond to each one individually. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days, it should be assumed that on this occasion your application has not been successful
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911840