Cost Manager required to work for major contractor on the High Speed 2 project based in Birmingham.
6 months contract initially, ongoing.
The Cost Manager will support the Senior Cost Manager in estimating, forecasting and monitoring actual spend
Provide point of contact for all cost reporting and cost intelligence.
Work closely with the Senior Cost Manager to maintain cost models; to ensure accurate reporting, benchmarking and analysis of land and property costs.
Work closely with the scheduling team to ensure integration and alignment of property cost models and schedules.
Manage estimating and cost planning activities, to include taking ownership of routine cost reporting and cost variance analyses.
Experience & Knowledge Required:
- Knowledge of cost systems, such as SAP, Oracle and Prism
- Knowledge of forecasting, estimating and budgeting techniques
- Understanding of complex and diverging valuation, forecasting and actual cost data
- Project controls experience within a complex project / programme environment
- Experience of managing complex cost estimates
- Experience of implementing and operating governance regimes, processes and assurance activities
- Experience of delivering accurate and relevant reporting
- Experienced in risk management and analytical techniques associated with risk management
- Experience of implementing analytical techniques to understand business data
- Experience of managing a team
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919421