Plant Asset Manager
Based on an 80 hectare site in rural Oxfordshire this is an opportunity to join one of the world's leading Fusion Research facilities. With considerable investment from government into fusion energy research, this is an exciting time to join the business. You'll be empowered by the organisation's Chief Engineer in support of Technical Risk Management across the portfolio of Research Plant.
You'll have responsibility for the buildings defined as set out in the Internal Occupation Protocol, including the maintenance of the building and the equipment within.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* The production and periodic update of Strategic Asset Management Plans for relevant buildings and research plant assets
* Planning and budgeting for maintenance and identified refurbishments
* Registration of assets within an appropriate CMMS
* Condition monitoring to inform proactive and reactive maintenance actions
* Planning, implementation and recording of preventive maintenance
* Leadership of root cause analysis, lessons learned and continuous improvement activities as appropriate
You'll establish, proliferate and assist the Chief Engineer to establish best practice processes across UKAEA with respect to asset management. Reporting to the Asset Management and Maintenance Committee, you'll be responsible for horizon scanning for developing industry asset management practices and technologies of relevant to the site both for prospective implementation on plant. You'll collaborate with relevant Chief Engineers, Heads of Profession and Chief Scientists, with ongoing engagement with stakeholders at all levels.
Your experience will include:
* Plant Lifecycle (Specify, Design, Manufacturing, Installation, Commissioning, Operations, Monitoring & Maintenance, Decommissioning) focussing on through-life support and optimisation of plant. Familiarity with best practice as outlined in PAS55 or its successor ISO 550000
* Complex plant with interacting disciplines, technologies and systems
* Development and implementation of strategic asset management initiatives (ideally including computerised maintenance management and plant health monitoring technologies) for high value and diverse plant
* Commercial acumen with drive for earned value
* Membership of recognised professional body in relevant discipline
* Certification / training /continuous professional development track record in relevant disciplines and techniques
Rullion is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910101