Mechanical Design Engineer
First People Solutions are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work with a leading engineering firm based in Glasgow. This will be a permanent, full-time position.
The main responsibilities of the role are to provide mechanical design and technical analysis of equipment and products designed within the division, from top level design through to detailed design and analysis.
- Design and analysis of industrial mechanical hydraulic equipment e.g. mechanical handling.
- Competent in 3D solid modelling (e.g. Solidworks, Inventor) for production of engineering models of components and assemblies.
- An ability to analyse components and structures for stress and deflection both using hand calculations and Finite Element Analysis
- A good knowledge of MathCad.
- Production of mechanical engineering drawings to relevant national & international standards.
- BEng/MEng (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of industry specifications and standards.
- Attention to detail in designs and a good standard of record keeping.
If interested, please apply for this advertisement and Calum Walker will be in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921947