We are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team. Working at our Pomona Strand, Manchester offices we offer free on-site parking and great transport links as well as excellent company benefits.
Manchester Outsourcing provide specialist services that allows our clients and partners to focus on their core business requirements. In an ever changing business environment, our experts in Finance, Business Improvement, Marketing, Recruitment, HR and Business Quality, give our clients the time and flexibility to focus on the issues that matter allowing them to expand their businesses quickly and efficiently.
As Assistant Accountant you will be responsible for managing the day to day bookkeeping and management accounts for a wide portfolio of clients. This role is ideal for a part qualified/finalist Accountant looking to progress their career further.
The key tasks of the role will include but not limited to:
- Weekly/monthly bookkeeping and management accounts preparation for a portfolio of clients
- Posting receipts/payments and processing bank reconciliations
- Preparing and posting month end journals, including; accruals, prepayments, depreciation and expenditure
- Processing sales and purchase invoices
- Preparing and submitting client’s VAT and tax returns
- Preparing figures to trial balance levels
- Preparing board packs including variance analysis against models
- Liaising with clients
- Assisting Senior Management on adhoc projects
Skills & Experience:
- At least 3+ years accountancy experience
- Currently studying ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Strong numeracy and IT skills
- Analytical skills
- Have strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work unsupervised
- Demonstrate a high attention to detail
- The ability to prioritise and multitask
- Excellent communication skills (Both written and verbal)
- Experience of Xero preferable