Credit controller Monday to Friday 27 hours per week
Credit controller / credit administrator / accounts assistant
Due to the retirement of one of our long standing members of staff we are now actively recruiting a credit controller. Working with in a Credit control team of three and a service office team of 11 people at Johnsons Apparelmaster Hadleigh. We are the Leading Company in the UK workwear Industry, providing workwear hire and laundry services to all types of industry thought the UK. We pride ourselves on the long length of service of our staff and the long standing business relationships we have with our customers.
The Role As the Credit Controller your role will include the following responsibilities:
This role’s primary duty is to collect outstanding customer debt, invoice control, sales ledger control, and Customer invoice queries. Using both telephone and email methods from to service regular customer base adhering to key performance targets. You will be an integral part of the Customer service team working closely the customer service administrators to ensure the customers accounts are service to the expected level.
- Handle customer calls to collect any overdue debt, ensuring adherence to key performance targets and Company procedures
- Placing customer accounts on stop in line with company deadlines for non-payment, which includes communication with supplier to ensure Company costs associated with customer account do not escalate.
- Assisting customers to resolve any queries raised which can include raising credits/invoices and requesting refunds
- Maintaining incoming customer credit control mailbox to ensure speed customer care
- Taking customer credit card payments
- Agreeing payment plans where applicable to be taken by an active Direct Debit
- Maintaining customer accounts which includes reconciliation were tasked, ensuring an active Direct Debit is in place and also ensuring up to date customer details and account records
- Maintaining external and internal interactions, on the company software, to record all communication and action taken
- To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
- To comply with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
- To treat all employees, customer and suppliers with dignity and respect
The Candidate The ideal candidate for the Credit Controller role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Previous credit control experience including customer/supplier ledger querying.
- Excellent customer service and the attitude that a debtor is also a customer.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to document actions and conversations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills including the ability to work to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads where necessary.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Mathematics and English to Grade C or equivalent
- Must be PC literate and numerate
- Be a firm but fair negotiator with an assertive approach
Apply sound judgement , tact , diplomacy and empathy when dealing with customer enquires
The hours We only operate Monday to Friday and do not work weekends or bank holidays. The role consists of 27 hours per week Monday to Friday . Working from 9am to 3pm with a half hour Lunch break. Fridays 9am to 2.30pm . Some flexibility in these hours is possible for example 08.30am to 2.30am . How ever worked hours need to be with in normal office working hours to meet the needs of our customers. We are looking to expand our operation in six months time and it is likely that the role could expand to 34 hours per week. How ever this is still reliant on some other hours movement with in the current team.
The package At 9.42 per hour or £13225 PA for the 27 hour week , full time equivalent £19103PA
Permanent contract, in a well established , friendly and successful growing UK company part of the Johnson service Group. we operate a company pension scheme , share save scheme after 2 years service , bonus packages For direct debit conversion , debtor weeks targets attendance bonus scheme , sick pay up to 12 weeks after 2 years service and many other good will benefits throughout the year the highlights being the Family fun day and Christmas. We have our own company training academy for those looking to progress. We know from our many long serving staff that people like working for us.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921394