1st Line support Engineer
1st Line support Analyst – Wallingford, Oxfordshire
Focus IT have the pleasure of working with this IT Research Company. They are currently seeking a 1st Line Support Engineer to compliment their existing team. Based at their head office they provide fully featured IT Services to their users in the UK and globally!
On a daily basis, the team can deal with a lot of different requests, ranging from desktop support queries through to infrastructure project planning and implementation. As the support engineer you will be taking ownership of user support queires, prioritising and resolving them in accordance with agreed SLA's. You will be troubleshooting issues primarily through our remote system, visiting site when necessary for onsite support and project work. You will be the first point of contact for any IT related queries, Prioritising and escalating tasks through the team as necessary.
In addition to this you will be involved in project planning and implementation. As a team, everyone has the chance to offer ideas and support for all our new technology projects. They are continually updating and improving their Infrastructure and support services.
• 1st Line support experience – Prioritising issues and working to SLA’s.
• Strong Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems 7 and 10.
• Strong Understanding of Computer Hardware & Components.
• Previous experience working in a Windows Active Directory environment.
• Understanding of Computer Networks (LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, DHCP and DNS).
• Some Exposure to desktop imaging technologies (WDS, MDT).
• Previous experience working with Office 365.
• An Understanding of Firewalls.
• Any experience with Windows Server 2008/2012 and 2016.
• Exposure to Virtualised server environment.
• Knowledge of Cisco Switches & Meraki Access Points.
• Working to deadlines & time management skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join this dynamic organisation. This is a 1st Line support Engineer role and can also be known as a Helpdesk Engineer, Service Desk Analyst and Support Analyst.
The role is based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire and is also commutable from High Wycombe, Reading, Oxford, Aylesbury and Newbury.
Please send CV's to ******************** or alternatively call Amit Gohil on ************ for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959911123