· Designing programmes/programme modifications from supplied requirements & design specifications using agreed standards and tools, achieving well-engineered results which follow the agreed implementation level software architectures.
· Creating and amending programmes in accordance with the design following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards.
· Planning, designing and conducting tests of programs, correcting errors and re-testing to deliver an error-free product.
· Documenting all work in accordance with agreed standards and with re-use in mind. Conducting reviews of supplied specifications with others as necessary.
· Taking part in reviews of own work and lead reviews of colleagues’ work.
· Building an understanding of software delivery process and of technology developments relevant to own team/programme.
· Building and maintaining a good understanding of the various stages of software development, enhancements, and support.
· Acting as a point of reference for both internal and external technical queries.
· Providing guidance and assistance to colleagues in any aspect of programme design, creation testing and documentation.
· Excellent overall knowledge of Avaloq as well as in depth knowledge of several of the functional modules.
· The role holder will have an excellent command of the English language with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across all as this the primary business language at Barclays.
· Familiar with the syntax, structure, features and facilities of at least one of the required languages
· Experience in the following: Oracle, PL/SQL. Java and unix scripting would be a plus.
· Educated to a degree level or an equivalent professional accreditation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921320