Pressure Profile systems (PPS) are at the forefront of developing exciting new pressure sensing technologies for the medical devices, automotive, robotics and ergonomics sectors. An impressive worldwide client base includes many Fortune 500 companies such as Sony; Apple; Microsoft; P & G; Nissan and Johnson & Johnson.
Established in 2014 in partnership with the University of Strathclyde, PPS UK is a dynamic and entrepreneurial technology company acting as the R&D Centre for the international PPS family with teams based in California and Korea. PPS act as an incubator for new technologies and solutions and each member of our teams plays a key role in this model as we fund our development efforts with the commercial business.
Utilising superior and unique technology we have solved problems that no other company in the world can and our teams are led by eminent, highly respected technology professionals with first class engineering and commercial credentials.
We’re offering tremendous career opportunities for very bright and highly talented engineers to join this world-class entrepreneurial team.
The Software Engineer will develop PPS internal software processes to optimize sensor design and fabrication processes. Through using better internal tools, the aim is to improve PPS operational efficiency. This will include bespoke tools to design sensors, manage sensor configurations, develop and maintain system bill of materials and maintain device records.
- Further development of a C# App for sensor design and configuration
- Development and integration of a new parts/systems database
- Development of interfaces for system engineering, sensor design and sensor system assembly
- Development of automated testing tools including those that interface with sensor hardware
An entrepreneurial thinker with several years post qualifying experience, you will already have worked as a Software Engineer in an environment where you have proven your ability to create innovative and novel technical solutions.
Essential skills include:
- Experience programming Microsoft Windows Applications and Web based Applications
- C++ and/or Matlab would be desirable
- Expert skills in Python or equivalent for prototyping/batch processing
- Expert use of GIT for source control
- Proven database design and maintenance experience
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of audiences and present complex information in an engaging and understandable manner
Based in Glasgow this role offers an attractive salary of £30,000 - £40,000 plus bonus and stock options.
PPS is spread between UK, US and Korean offices, so a degree of flexible working is required to successfully interface with the remote teams.
Don’t miss out on this unique career opportunity. Apply directly sending your full CV and short cover letter.
Further Company information is available on our website.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921853