First Line Support, South Gloucester
First Line Service Desk Technician
Salary £20 - 23k + benefits
Location: Thornbury, South Gloucester
With technology at the heart of their UK wide distribution network, my client is looking for a First Line Support Engineer to join an existing team in Thornbury. Supporting internal and external customers on bespoke portal technologies we are looking for an enthusiastic, technical biased individual with excellent customer services skills who is keen to continue to build a career in IT support.
- Ensure service desk contact is progressed within predefined timescales & process, whilst demonstrating a first class customer experience.
- Liaise with Internal IT and 3rd Party providers to facilitate effective end-to-end processes and relationships.
- Management of the local IT assets through from build & issue to refresh and secure disposal.
- Provide basic fault finding, diagnostics or resolution using appropriate support tools; obtain appropriate levels of detail for escalation onto 2nd/3rd line.
- Ensure security, access and information governance policies are adhered to.
- Support for other sites as required including weekly visits to local distribution centre.
- Experience of working in a 1st line support or IT Service Desk environment.
- Experience of using Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange for Administration purposes.
- Microsoft stack experience Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suite 2007/2013.
- Excellent customer service skills; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to listen and communicate effectively with people at all levels in the business.
- Current, valid driving license required.
My client is passionate about getting their service right and understands that technology often provides the initial link between them and their clients. As such they value Technology support and look to grow their IT staff from within.
If you would be interested in hearing more about this role please send a CV to the email provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959920710