Desktop Support Analyst
Desktop Support Analyst
The Service Desk is part of the EMEA Service Delivery Team and provides a single point of contact for both our London and International Offices. The London office also benefits from our onsite Senior Service Desk Analysts who are able to offer deskside support.
The key focus of the team is to deliver a world class IT service to the business.
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Leader, this is a highly customer focused and visible role requiring excellent second line desktop and application support skills.
The role will involve but is not limited to the following:
- Deliver 2nd Line Service Desk support (break / fix problems and service requests) effectively and in accordance with agreed service levels, standards and processes, with business users to take ownership of problems through to resolution
- Effective and accurate escalation of issues to appropriate teams in a timely fashion to alleviate the risk of breaching SLAs
- Work with other IT Service Desk staff and 3rd Line infrastructure and application support teams effectively to ensure that excellent end-to-end IT support services are provided
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key staff and managers in the business and in other teams within IT
- Identify where knowledge can be shared with others in the team to improve the service provided to our customers, and help develop the knowledge and skills of others in the IT Services team
- Ensure that assigned IT service incidents are managed effectively and repeated occurrences are flagged as potential Problems to identify root causes, thus reducing the number and severity of future incidents
- Assisting First Line with the handling of all telephone calls to the desk, on an overflow basis
- Acting as an escalation point for First Line on any tickets they are unable to resolve
- Mentoring Apprentices
- Ensuring all contact with the Service Desk is logged in our ITSM tool (ServiceNow), making use of all templates and processes that are built into the system
- Aim to fix 80% of tickets escalated from First Line
- Aim to deliver all Service Requests resolve all Incidents within agreed SLA period
- Creating and maintaining relevant articles in the KnowledgeBase
- Liaise with third line teams on a monthly basis to understand why tickets have been escalated to third line. Discuss the possibility of Service Desk absorbing some of these tasks with the Service Desk Manager, identifying knowledge transfer needs and access rights required
- Provide support from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday
- Provide support at external events as requested
- Provide home visits to Partners/Senior Staff Members as directed to assist with setup and support
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience of working as a 2nd line desktop support analyst in a busy professional services environment.
- Significant experience working with high profile, VIP customers, in a demanding and time critical environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and understand the customers? requirements, to be able to deliver the right solution to meet their ?needs? rather than their ?wants?.
- Process driven, with the ability to focus on the end result/be a completer, finisher.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Configuration (Exam 70-680) Certified (or equivalent)
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Master 2010 Certified
- Any other Microsoft qualifications would be beneficial
Candidates must have knowledge of supporting the following:
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010 or above
- Signify/RSA tokens and software tokens
- VPN Client/Remote working solutions
- Blackberry/BES and 4G mobile devices - configuring and troubleshooting
- MobileIron (or other Mobile Device Management solutions)
- Apple products
- Printing solutions (desktop and MFD)
- Active Directory
- Dealroom / File transfer solutions
- Mimecast email management
- SCCM (reporting, collection management, log analysis)
- Worksite DMS (or other Document Management Systems)
- Document Management tools
- Expert, CMS, Interaction
- Encryption software
- Understanding of network troubleshooting (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP)
- Windows 10
- Working in a SAP environment
- Skype for Business
- Microsoft Office 2016/365
- Advanced SCCM Troubleshooting
- The IT Service Desk Team currently works an 8am-8pm (UK time) shift pattern.
- Candidates should be willing to work additional hours as required to fulfil the requirements of the role. This may include extended shifts and occasional weekend work.
- Candidates may also be required to provide out of hours support and event support outside of office location as required
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Simon Bristow at ************************************* (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959912742