IT Support Technician
IT Support Technician
Up to £27,500 DOE, plus profit share & benefits package
Confident and customer focussed, you will take responsibility for primarily supporting our UK offices, both locally and remotely by providing 1st & 2nd level support as well as developing new and updating our current IT equipment and systems.
To be truly successful in role you will need to be proactive and confident with strong communication skills and an eye for detail. You will have a passion for IT technologies and be customer orientated.
- Take responsibility for installing, monitoring and maintaining our IT and phone equipment (laptops, printers, switches, servers, mobile phones and landlines)
- Responsible for the upkeep of software in defined timeframes
- Provide 1st & 2nd level support to users in all UK Offices, as well as providing cover for our Prague office
- Actively search for new IT technologies to improve performance and keep up to date
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all IT and phone equipment
- Ensure network equipment is running at optimum
- Participate in new starter inductions to provide training on all appropriate equipment and systems
- Communicate and collaborate with the IT Manager
For 17 years Summit have worked with some of Europe?s most successful retailers and brands, helping them to make more money from retailing online. Our purpose is simple and commercial: to make it more likely that people buy from our clients than anyone else.
Our unique online retail ?value chain? provides our clients with deep expertise across the disciplines required to trade online: Strategy, ecommerce, online marketing, trading and logistics. With 150 staff working across the UK and Europe, we are passionate about helping our clients transform their business opportunity online by thinking and acting differently.
Why you would want to work for us
- You want to be part of a growing company where you can make your mark: you will have opportunity to significantly contribute to an exceptional business and help shape its future.
- You want to make it happen: while we?re all generally up for a good time, we work hard towards producing tangible results that contribute to the company?s success.
- You appreciate and thrive in a relaxed environment: our office is friendly, with events to suit everyone and encouraging a sense of fun. We appreciate that everyone is different, and everyone has something unique to add to the team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Server and networking experience ? Barracuda Firewalls & Cisco Meraki experience desirable
- Apple Mac and Windows mixed environment Using Office 365 (Office 2016)
- Willingness to occasionally travel between Summit office locations
- MCITP, VCP, CCNA or similar IT certification
- Excellent knowledge on using LAN/ WAN technologies
- Windows Server 2008, 2016
- Active directory, Group Policy management
- VMware experience with experience in Cloud based backup and recovery an advantage
- Experience in Video Conference technologies
- Ability to prioritise and solve problems using own initiative
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Approachable and confident when dealing with all members of the business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive with a can do attitude with an ability to complete projects from start to finish
- Ability to work independently with remote support
Successful candidates must have the right to work in the UK. No agency CV?s accepted.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959909891