Senior Software Engineer
An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in Gloucestershire.
- Design and implement software of embedded devices and systems from requirements capture to production and deployment; Design, develop, code, test and debug system software incl. review of code and designs
- Integrate and validate new product designs, interfacing with hardware design and development as necessary
- Liaise with customers, internal and external as needed
- Provide post production support and maintenance as required
- Demonstrable track record of robust software design & development through the entire lifecycle using Real Time embedded C for 8, 16 or 32-bit microcontrollers following required coding standards. Knowledge of the Agile process would be beneficial.
- Experience of: C# or Java, GUI development, WPF and/or Qt, scripting languages
- Experience of Linux development, especially embedded Linux development
- Ability to generate unambiguous software requirements based on user and systems level requirements
- Experience of creating appropriate software test strategies and operational confirmation
- Proficient in the use of industry standard communications protocols associated with communication interfaces
- A background in electronics would be a distinct advantage
- Understands the importance of delivery performance to cost and schedule
- Good core IT skills
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959920723