Lead Test Engineer
Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK?s cyber business as part of a growing Test & Integration team. We develop software using an Agile/Scrum methodology and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the developers in an integrated team environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position:
Basic Objective: Performing activities associated with integration, system and customer acceptance test phases of the system development lifecycle
· Apply test skills and experience within the context of an Agile software development team
· Act as test & integration lead for small/medium programmes or subsystems within larger programmes
· Defining test environment and tool requirements
· Manage creation of automated and manual test scripts
· Produce test & deployment strategies and plans in compliance with customer project guidelines
· Produce deployment packages appropriate for
· Support estimation of test activities
· Support test team interactions with the wider development team and assist in the resolution of issues
· Support the development team at formal and artifact reviews as necessary
· Provide defect and code quality metrics to the programme
What we are looking for?
· Understanding of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, and demonstrable application of relevant Test methodologies and toolsets
· Experience of deploying and configuring complex software under Linux.
· Experience of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
· Requirement verification and validation for software based systems
· Test specification development
· Test script preparation
· Experience of scripting languages such as Python, Perl
· Experience of Automated Test Tools such as Selenium, Cucumber
· Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
· Knowledge of developing in a high level language such as C++/Java
· Experience of Continuous Integration
· Linux system administration skill
Degree in Numerate Subject essential or evidence of ongoing professional development
Raytheon Intelligence & Security
Raytheon has decades of experience in cyber, information operations and information assurance to successfully protect our global customers? critical infrastructure from the most complex threats. Increasing demand for our capabilities has resulted in the establishment of a new Innovation Centre to support our government, law enforcement and commercial customers. This will create a broad spectrum of new roles to support our customers in developing solutions for cyber security, research and mission support both technical and non-technical.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are looking for something different from their career and who are demanding of themselves and others around them to achieve success. Raytheon Intelligence & Security's ambition is to provide an environment that is more silicon valley than security and defence. We want to encourage individual innovation and progression that is both exciting and rewarding, avoiding the dull 'beige' of the standard information security companies.
If you are looking for a role and a team that will challenge you to achieve success for our customers then providing you have the skills and the ability to achieve Government clearance we want to hear from you today.
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919222