C++ Graphics Developer
Role C++ Graphics Developer
Location - Manchester
Salary - £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Our Client a computer/machine learning start up based in Manchester is looking for a C++ graphics Developer. Our client is a cutting-edge computer vision to develop applications which allow users to easily interact with the world around them. We are building technology that allows users to experiment with home-furnishings in photographs of their own rooms. Our Client is a but rapidly growing company that likes to do things 'our way' to ensure we are always doing what's best for us and our employees, not just what has worked for other companies. We have regular fun team-building and company days out.
The C++ graphics developer will work on our client's core cross-platform technology. Your role will be to implement new features that will be used across a variety of products as well as maintaining and improving existing code.
The nature of the work means that you will be working with new and cutting edge technologies, any potential candidate must have the capacity to learn new skills, languages and hardware. This an exciting, fun and challenging role which is part of a small development team of many varied languages and technologies all integrating together to create fantastic products.
- Good knowledge and experience of C++.
- Knowledge and experience of using a 3D graphics API, either DirectX or OpenGL to create real-time rendering applications.
- The ability to analyse and understand an existing code base.
- Good 3D maths skills, linear algebra, matrices, projection etc.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Enthusiasm to solve problems using individual research, but also the ability to ask questions.
The ideal candidate will also have experience or understanding of:
- Using GLSL/HLSL to develop shaders.
- Common render techniques such as shadow mapping.
- Agile development process.
- Compilers and toolchains