General Ledger Accountant - Fixed Assets and Balance Sheet Control
We are recruiting a General Ledger Accountant – Fixed Assets and Balance Sheet Control to join our team in Farnborough on a permanent basis.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defence, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance Operations for Leidos UK and Europe, this is a new role that is being created as part of an expansion of responsibilities across the Leidos UK Accounting and Controlling team.
The GL Accountant, Fixed Assets and Balance Sheet Control will have responsibility for all aspects of Leidos UK’s fixed asset accounting, as well as being the lead accountant for balance sheet control. The role will also work closely with the General Ledger Supervisor to ensure accurate and timely monthend close reporting.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in general ledger accounting, a focus on controls and attention to detail. In return the role offers a fantastic opportunity to join a growing and dynamic team, and to add real value in developing process and controls.
Duties will include:
- Subject matter expert and point of contact for fixed asset accounting
- Maintenance of fixed asset register including physical asset counts
- Lead accountant for general balance sheet control
- Monthend close accounting support including calculating and posting accruals, prepayments and cost re-allocations
- Work closely with the Overheads accountant to ensure accurate indirect cost recording
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Previous general ledger accounting experience
- Experience working in a multinational or blue chip company environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Accountancy qualification – late stage studier or above (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
If you are interested in applying for this role please click the APPLY button below.
Our company headquarters is located in Reston, Virginia. Outside of the United States, we operate in 30 countries around the world with more than 2,000 employees in global locations. Our largest concentrations are in Australia and the United Kingdom where we continue to expand our local footprint.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921037