- Network Engineer
- 6 month contract
- Excellent day rate
Contractor required to work with our industry leading Financial Services client based in Edinburgh and applicants from a variety of industry backgrounds will be considered.
This is a "hands on" role and will suit a Network Specialist/Engineer that has experience working on a variety of Network related projects with Cisco Hardware. A strong knowledge of Network Security and Firewalls is also required.
Candidates with CCNA/CCNP qualification preferred or equivalent commercial experience will also be considered.
Technical Knowledge required:
- Strong understanding of networking principles (OSI, TCP/IP, Ethernet)
- Strong working knowledge of Network Security (Firewalls)
- Strong working knowledge of load balancing
- Strong working knowledge of proxy servers
- Working knowledge of Layer 3 routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP)
- Working knowledge of VOIP (SIP)
- Knowledge of monitoring capacity and performance
- Knowledge of the automation of systems and process
- Knowledge of Enterprise storage
- Knowledge of administering Enterprise level back office systems
- Knowledge of backup and recovery tools and procedures
- Good written and oral communication skills
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent relevant experience
- Excellent team working skills
- Good technical leadership skills
- Able to deal effectively with the customer to deliver a professional service.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
To discuss this role in more detail please submit your CV to *****************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921227