Are you currently considering a new opportunity? Looking for a step up in your career or feel you need a change of environment and more challenging role? This could be the perfect opportunity for you! My client are a multinational technology company who were previously in the top 10 companies for "World's Most Admired Companies" and are a well known worldwide for all the right reasons.
As an Infrastructure Architect you will assist with the design and communication of structures to enable and support the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. Changes to service, process, organisation, operating model and other aspects may be required in addition to technology components, and solutions must demonstrate how agreed requirements (such as automation of business processes) are met, any requirements which are not fully met or, and any options or considerations which require a business decision. The provision of comprehensive guidance on the development of, and modifications to, solution components to ensure that they take account of relevant architectures, strategies, policies, standards and practices and that existing and planned solution components remain compatible.
You will report into the Lead Architect and assist in defining designs and bid collateral in line with requirements and encompass the following disciplines and responsibilities:
- Provide technical input to qualification and business approval meetings.
- Assist with the shaping of technical proposals
- Assists with the definition of larger/more complex solutions
- Contributes to definition of customer's overall IT architecture,
- The production of the required level of infrastructure design documentation.
- During transformation, liaising with programme, operational capability teams and the customer.
- Maintain reusable collateral for future opportunities
- Interacting with other Architect and programme disciplines during delivery and/or transformation to operations and EMEIA wide teams to ensure architectural conformance to process model and standards.
- Liaise with and assist with managing 3rd parties and their technical deliverables.
- Provide impact assessment on customer and internal Change Requests.
- Client-facing skills, with the ability to communicate ideas and thoughts to senior executives.
- A detailed knowledge of the Infrastructure Design Methodology and implementation for the MOD client.
- Experience of infrastructure architecture and design for major MOD IT systems.
- Written communications - clear technical writing and presentation.
- Excellent design experience in proposing and utilising Microsoft server technologies including Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Core infrastructure solutions delivery which combine both physical and virtual server implementations, throughout the design and implementation lifecycle.
- VMWare VSphere v6.0.
- Server physical architecture design including usage of System Architect (preferable).
- HPPT AS design and implementation.
- SCOM/SCCM design and configuration.
- SNMPv3, Syslog, NTP design and configuration.
- Active Directory/DHCP services.
- RDS design and implementation.
SC clearance as a minimum
- ITIL version 3 Practitioner.
- Netscaler (Load balancers), Juniper IDS and IPS.
- DNS and IPAM knowledge.
- Design of network within virtualized infrastructure.
- Encryption devices, CAPs assured products such as Catapan.
- DWDM services.
- Network Management toolsets.
Key Performance Indicators
- Makes a recognised technical contribution to business approval meetings.
- Consistently produces designs, which require minimal (<10%) rework, following peer review.
- Provides evidence that demonstrates defining the technical scope in order to ensure an acceptable cost structure.
- Can evidence feedback from customer forums, conferences and professional bodies etc. which demonstrates a personal contribution to building Fujitsu's reputation in the market place.
If the above opportunity looks like a position you would be interested to hear more about please do apply before Friday 19th January as this is when the shortlist is due to close. If you have any additional questions or information you require please feel free to email me on or give me a call on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959920993