Senior Data Engineer / Developer
Outstanding opportunity for an experienced and highly skilled Data Engineer / Developer to join a high quality financial services company that is in the early stages of it's Data strategy and therefore an opportunity to have a highly influential role.
We're seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join a fast-paced agile development team building the latest in innovative and disruptive technologies. In this position you'll imagine and develop cutting edge Financial Technologies (aka FinTech) that will yield significant benefits for the company. You'll be expected to tinker and experiment with the latest tools and technologies to introduce leading edge products and services to market, as well as foster new ways of working.
You'll need to know how to approach, interpret, and extrapolate from massive data sets. You will be expected to contribute immediately. You'll be a part of a dynamic, diverse and collaborative team that wants to hear your input because you know the leading methods, tools, and theories in data science.
* Proven experience with SQL or other ETL tools
* Proven experience with Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive / Pig, or Java / MapReduce
* Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB
* Exposure to data and machine learning services from Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and / or Google Cloud a plus
* Exposure to data visualization tools a plus
Superb benefits package including 26 days holiday rising to 30 days, annual bonus, life assurance, income protection, travel insurance, private medical, share schemes, gym, and dental.
Urgent vacancy so please apply asap.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918320