Software Engineer / Developer - C++, Java, Python, analytics
C++ / Java / OO / Python / Anaytics / Cassandra / Kafka / Apache Spark / Agile
We are looking for a talented and experienced Software Engineer to join an agile software development team focussed on creating next- generation analytics products of a world leading analytics software company based in the heart of Bristol. You will help design and build future versions of a cloud-based data processing and storage platform.
You will work as part of one of our client's scrum teams, reporting to the Director of Engineering and will help to create future roadmap functionality in Analytics and Content Security domains. You will ideally already have a background in the TV, Streaming or Analytics arena or be able to show that you can quickly ramp-up in these areas. You will be experienced working in an agile development environment and have a strong desire to design and develop using good, agile engineering practices such as iterative development and built-in testing and will champion these to satisfy our mission of relentless improvement. Once up to speed in the role, you should be comfortable driving design discussions and provide innovative ideas for our product line.
- Strong commercial experience in a software design and development role.
- Expert in a high-level Object-Oriented language such as C++ and/or Java
- Expert in OO Design and Development
- Experience of working in an Agile Environment, with clear understanding of the benefits to planning, testing and delivery
- Strong background and understanding in internet technologies to the protocol implementation level, such as Restful APIs, TCP/IP and HTTP Headers
- Experience in Development and Deployment of Cloud Services (of any kind)
- Excellent communicator, with ability and interest in mentoring other members of the team and describe ideas, designs and concepts clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Degree-educated with a good classification
- Highly Desired Skills:
- Microservice architecture model and web-services
- Background in Digital TV, Streaming Media or Analytics
- Experience of containerisation technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Experience in using Apache database components such as Kafka or Cassandra
- Experience in using/developing pipelining technologies such as Apache Spar
- Big Data or Data Warehouse technologies
- Other high-level languages such as Python or Java
- Certified Scrummaster
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the heart of Bristol close to TempleMeads with a forward-thinking company that values flexibility and opportunity for team members to progress, and this is an excellent role with great potential for the right candidate.
- - Competitive salary package
- - 25 days holiday per annum
- - Stakeholder Pension
- - Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- - Opportunity to travel to our headquarters in San Diego
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910124