Senior Support Engineer
Senior Technical Support Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join an established engineering organisation in Staffordshire. The successful candidate will play an integral role in supplementing their service and support team and leading the delivery of multiple service and support contracts.
We're looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer with particular strengths in working with control systems. You'll need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of PLC, SCADA and Instrumentation devices and will ideally be conversant with the following software:-
- GE equipment (D20, D25, D200)
- COPA DATA Zenon SCADA
- Operating Systems (Windows XP, Windows 7, SCO UNIX)
Due to the niche nature of these systems, there will be an opportunity for training where knowledge is lacking - providing the candidate has a background in working with PLC/SCADA/Instrumentation.
Sitting within the service and support function, it is imperative that the successful candidate has a demonstrable track record of working in a technical/remote support role. Communication skills are key and you must be able to prove that you're happy to work independently on customer sites.
In addition, you'll be expected to partake in an out of hours on call rota.
On a daily basis, the Senior Support Engineer will be responsible for the following activities:-
- Visiting customer sites to perform surveys, audits, system health checks, backups, upgrades etc.
- Assisting customers in fault finding and rectification of problems via phone, web or email and where required, on customer site.
- Design, test, installation and commissioning of small projects.
- Specification of technical requirements and costs for small project work, service and support contract renewals.
If this sounds like you and you'd like to find out more or be considered for this position, please contact Kate Wills at Vantage Consulting on ************* or email
This role is based in Staffordshire and is commutable from Stafford, Stoke on Trent, Uttoxeter, Lichfield, Burton, Rugeley etc.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921976