Project Planner - Aerospace
Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Planner to support the Programme Managers and Project Managers with the complex scheduling and administration of their projects and work packages. The position is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
The Planning department consists of 20 employees working on multiple complex engineering projects with values as high £500million. We are an innovative high performing team with a great team spirit trusted to deliver a great service to our key stakeholders. As part of this function you will work with established tools and processes and we will provide training to develop your skills and career within the PMO and associated teams.
As a Planner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Previous project management/administration experience
- Experience in the production of reporting data for projects.
- Ability to analyse and present complex data, to accurately manipulate data and transfer it between applications.
- An understanding of project planning, scheduling, estimation, tracking, status reporting, risk and configuration management
- Ability to pick up and learn new tools quickly then support others in their use
- Computer literate and in particular: -
- MS Excel & MS Project advanced level
- MS PowerPoint & MS SharePoint intermediate level
- Experience of an integrated Project Management System such as MS Project Server would be an advantage.
As a Planner your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for providing project administration support to assigned programmes, product groups and/or functional groups
- Work in accordance with published Project/Programme Management processes and guidelines
- Production and maintenance of the required programme, product group, system, sub -system or equipment work package related reporting data.
- Analyse data, explain trends and highlight potential issues
- Develop reporting output from the project and work package risk registers.
- Manage the project Sharepoint Areas.
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918615