Inkjet Engineer - (Product Development Engineer)
Job Title: Inkjet Engineer
Location: St Ives
Our client design and manufacture printing and coding equipment for products and packaging, such as ink jet printers and laser coders. They are currently recruiting for an experienced Inkjet Engineer (Product Development Engineer) and a Graduate Inkjet Engineer to join their team in Cambridgshire.
Purpose of the Position:
In this role you will be developing new components, sub-systems and products for industrial printing applications. Starting from the concept stage, the successful candidate will work in a team to develop working lab demonstrators, working prototypes and ultimately bringing the finalized design through a comprehensive validation test plan. We are seeking a candidate who will be comfortable with methodical hands-on laboratory work, whilst having a solid grasp of the background technical theory. There is scope for development within the role, making it equally appropriate for graduate entry applicants or engineers in the early stages of their career.
- Investigate, develop and test new ideas to working prototype product stage.
- Set up and performance of laboratory tests/experiments and reporting of conclusions and recommendations; this work forms the majority of the role.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Maintaining accurate, well organized logs during experiments and testing to be included in final test reports
- Attaining results by working collaboratively within a multi-disciplined team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience of working in a laboratory and designing experiments.
- Analytical, evidence driven approach
- Ability to apply engineering principles to get practical results.
- Laboratory experience gained in a high tech industrial R&D environment is desirable.
- Experience of data acquisition and the reporting of results and conclusions
- Familiarity with the following would be advantageous but not essential for the role:
- o basic scripting languages such as lua
- o CAD packages such as CREO
- o analytical tools such as Mathcad
- o modeling packages such as Comsol at a sufficient level to communicate ideas
- Attitude, enthusiasm and energy to drive results
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work self-sufficiently and as part of a team
- Proven problem solving ability
- Effective at multi-tasking and working to tight deadlines
Experience & Qualifications
- Preferably Degree Qualified - Engineering (Mechanical, Aeronautical, Automotive) or Science (Physics) discipline
- Experience of working in an R&D / product development environment
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary team
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921660