Business Systems Analyst
The Business Systems team provides a consultative service to the business to identify innovative ways to improve business and system efficiency and quality, improving service to Matchtech Group customers and adding value to the organisation through the use of technology.
The team is responsible for developing, maintaining and monitoring business systems to build business functionality and prevent potential issues, responding to support requests within expected timescales.
The Business Systems Analyst/Developer role provides a broad service to the business in the design and development of corporate applications or the implementation of technology to support business needs. Working closely with the Business Systems Architects to deliver a stable, scalable and highly functional suite of products.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- Participate in the design phase of any new IT software development projects.
- Develop in-house applications & interfaces which are specifically designed for customer and organisational needs
- Ability to deliver web-services (REST for example) to enable applications & websites to communicate
- Administration and Operational Support of all business systems, specifically the support and development of the core recruitment system.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Serve as a liaison and facilitator between all business units to assist in addressing and resolving IT software issues.
- Work within the IT team to ensure that operational knowledge of all Business Systems is shared around the Group IT service, specifically to maintain operational cover across the team.
- Provide guidance where appropriate for the development of corporate reporting requirements.
- Assist in the development of polices and procedures to ensure proper management of Matchtech Group data.
- Produce written and qualified procedures for system administration and process management, ensuring documentation is up to date.
- Produce technical documentation for new and existing applications.
- In conjunction with the Group IT team, work proactively to encourage and inform the best use of company data around the business.
- Investigate and research appropriate technologies to support the business, providing insight and input to the wider IT team.
- Provide operational support and advice to the organisation, advising on best use of business systems.
- Advise and participate in implementing systems changes and upgrades, ensuring proper testing and release management to deliver controlled implementations.
- Provide operational maintenance of all business systems, ensure business systems are up to date and licensed, ensuring system uptime is maintained in accordance with company standards.
- Participate in corporate projects to improve, enhance and implement technology to support the business.
- Work with the Matchtech Group IT Team to provide support and advice to Team Members and general business users
Gattaca provides outsourced staffing solutions and recruitment services across engineering and technology. Established in the UK in 1984, Gattaca has grown into an international business with more than 800 staff in offices across four continents. The Gattaca group of companies boasts the UK's number one engineering recruitment specialist (Matchtech) and a top five technology recruitment specialist (Networkers), as well as a number of other successful recruitment brands.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919387