Mechanical Design Engineer - Head up Displays
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - Aerospace
A Senior Mechanical Design Engineer with Aerospace experience is required to work on a six-month contract (with the possibility of extension) for our defence client based in Rochester.
This is a 6-month contract with a leading UK defence company.
Overview of the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer contract role
The role be focused on providing specialist technical support for engineering solutions in the design of advanced aircraft displays, helmets, and flight control systems. Provide Mechanical Engineering support for the design and development of new innovative designs, resolve technical problems with existing products, and throughout development projects.
A Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the ability to innovate independently and work with other Engineers/Technicians to develop ideas into a detailed scheme supported by calculations and reports to demonstrate compliance with requirements which will include risk reduction testing as required.
- Generate design concepts and solutions to meet project and customer requirements, and provide evidence of conformance, including the preparation of Design Scheme Data Packs.
- Prepare and present Design Scheme Data Packs and engineering detail for internal review and in a customer forum.
- Be competent in the management and verification of requirements using appropriate tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Liaise with technical specialists as required (e.g. for FEA analysis and specialist calculations)
- Peer checks the work of other Senior Mechanical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers.
- Prepare, check and approve that drawings are correct to required standards, that they reflect design intent correctly, that they adequately define parts for manufacture and inspection.
- Support the Lead and Principal Mechanical Engineers with other tasks and activities as required.
Key skills required for the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
- Meet the requirements of UK-SPEC at the Incorporated Engineer or Chartered Engineer Level.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject is preferred.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of product development from concept through to production, with a strong technical ability for applying their underpinning knowledge and experience to solving problems including new technologies and innovations for complex engineering systems.
- Experience related to areas including avionic systems, optical displays, mechatronics, electronics packaging, anthropometrics, design with composites, and test and measurement equipment, will be of value in this role.
- Competence in the use of CAD tools (CREO 2.0 preferred) to prepare design models and detailed drawings is required.
- A capability to use specialist dynamic, structural and thermal analysis tools is an advantage.
If you are a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other opportunities please contact Mark Ellis on ************************* or phone **************
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915980