IT Support Analyst
Service Desk Analyst, 1st / 2nd Line Support, IT Support Analyst, Help Desk Analyst
Large organisation in Birmingham is currently looking for an IT Service Desk Analyst to join a busy and vibrant team.
Working as the IT Support Analyst, you will report to the Service Desk Team Leader, and provide a professional 1st line support and 2nd line support service to internal and external users. This will involve analysis, diagnosis and resolution of user problems, as well as general administration duties.
The Successful IT Support Analyst will ideally be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant IT discipline, and will:
- Be experienced in working in a customer facing Support or Help Desk role.
- Have experience of SLA Management.
- A good working knowledge of computer hardware and software, specifically Microsoft and Apple Operating Systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy and Managed Desktops.
- Have a recognised professional and technical qualification e.g. ITIL
Key responsibilities for the Service Desk Analyst include:
- Receiving, logging and managing calls from users regarding IT issues/queries via telephone and email, communicating progress in a timely manner to business partners and customers
- Management and resolution of incidents, problems and service requests reported to the IT Service Desk in line with defined SLA's.
- Incident Management : detection and recording, initial support, classification, investigation and diagnosis, resolution, recovery and closure.
- Fulfilment of Service Requests including execution of ad hoc data extracts for Information Analysis, using SQL and Universe TCL tools.
- To arrange for 3rd line support or external technical support where problems cannot be resolved by the Service Desk.
- Creation of Help Guides and Knowledge Articles and content with guidance from senior analysts, for existing systems in order to reduce support/queries and to aid effective learning.
If you feel you may be suitable please send in your CV in the first instance
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918360