Simulator Engineer - Electronics / Avionics
Simulator Engineer ? Electronics / Avionics
Our client is a leading provider in modelling, simulation and training for civil aviation and the defence sector. We have a great opportunity for a Simulator Engineer to work in the field of simulation engineering maintenance.
As a Simulator Engineer you will work with leading edge equipment / technology, which includes a stand-alone mode Simulators which can also all be linked to a Tactical Control Centre via a local area network to provide realistic operational training in a synthetic environment.
Candidates with avionics / Electronics / ICT experience within aerospace would be considered for this role.
- To perform all work in conjunction with standard operating procedures for the day-to-day operation of the Simulation Training Equipment.
- To prepare the Simulation Training Equipment for daily operation using operational readiness checks.
- To load the appropriate exercise scenario and other tasks required to prepare for specific training sessions.
- To liaise as necessary with the customer before and after exercises.
- To react quickly and decisively to restore failed equipment, including tools and test equipment, support items and computer software.
- To perform preventative maintenance support on the Simulation Training Equipment and additional associated equipment according to the respective maintenance manuals.
- To monitor system performance and analyse maintenance difficulties.
- To perform all work in accordance with defined safety procedures and Company and contractual standards, processes and procedures.
- To maintain current and accurate documentation.
- To carry out Simulation Qualification testing as and when required by the appropriate authority.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Sound simulation techniques experience based on working on computer systems, interfaces, hydraulics, instructor stations, image generators and display systems.
Knowledge and experience of a range of simulation software design methodologies ideal.
Sound aircraft system knowledge.
Allowance: It is expected that once settled and experienced, the individual will take accountability of one of our devices (ensuring it gets all the necessary regulatory approvals etc) ? they get an allowance for having this accountability which starts at 2kpa.
Benefits: Pension, share scheme, private medical, cash plan medical, 25 shifts holiday per annum
Shifts: The team work 4 on 4 off basis ? however this can be a mix of 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off or 4 days, 4 off, 4 nights, 4 off ? you will be on one pattern or the other.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918833