Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council has a unique opportunity available for a Senior Accountant to join the team. You will be there on a full time, permanent basis and you will be offered a competitive salary of £28,485 - £33,437 per annum.
At Hinckley & Bosworth council we are committed to promoting and empowering our staff by providing flexible working and terms and conditions to support excellent service delivery. We recognise that people are our biggest and most valuable asset and are key to achieving our goals.
About the Senior Accountant role:
An opportunity has arisen for a CCAB qualified accountant or a part qualified Accountant with significant relevant experience to join our Finance Team.
You will be expected to provide a full accountancy service for a group of services. As the Senior Accountant you will play a key role in providing financial advice for a number of high profile projects as well as leading on compilation of the Council's Statement of Accounts and Investment Plans. You will also be expected to provide a quality technical accountancy service in accordance with statutory and professional standards.
Key responsibilities of our Senior Accountant:
- Manage a team and provide a full financial service for the functions supported by the team
- Assist the Accountancy Manager to plan, monitor and co-ordinate the Council's annual revenue budget and capital programme process for all services
- Assist the Accountancy Manager to plan, monitor and co-ordinate the closure of the Council's Annual Accounts, ensuring compliance with statutory reporting requirements
- Assist with the review and revision of the Council's Medium Term Financial Strategy and the HRA Investment Plan
- To co-ordinate the Council's Capital operations, including maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Operate as the Council's Housing Revenue accountant, leading on projects within the HRA Investment Plan
- Co-ordinate the production of and critically review the monthly budget monitoring statement and quarterly performance report to the Strategic Leadership Board
- Advise Council, Committees, Strategic Leadership Board, service managers and other groups on financial matters to establish effective performance monitoring and resource allocation to influence strategic decision making to achieve the Council's visions and priorities
Skills and Experience require of our Senior Accountant:
- Three years' experience within a finance environment
- Experience of providing financial advice and direction to budget holders in respect of legislation, financing options, financial performance, budget setting etc
- Experience of year end, statement of account production and interpreting accounting standards
- Ability to assist in the control of significant revenue and capital budgets
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to improve the Council's financial standing whilst taking account of complex legislation and controls
- Part qualified Accountant with significant technical accounting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the local government finance climate
- Ability to work under pressure plan ahead and deliver to agreed time scales
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 21 January, 2018
Why not click 'apply' today? Don't miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as our Senior Accountant.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959920302