Project Manager (industrial engineering)
£33,000 to £38,000 PA + pension + 31 days holiday
M&N is an established mechanical and electrical contractor who provides high quality design, installation and maintenance services in all aspects of inlet works to waste water and clean water treatment works. Through high quality work and excellent partnerships they have built long term relationships with clients.
M & N seeks a dynamic Project Manager/ Contracts Manager to be responsible for the delivery of engineering solutions from their Heathhall, Dumfries depot. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this role will involve significant project planning, customer liaison, leadership and good management of engineering project teams including project and service engineers working with and repairing waste water equipment for Water Utility companies in the UK.
This Project Engineer role would suit an experienced and commercially astute Mechanical Engineer, qualified to HND level or equivalent that is capable of proactively managing a team of engineers or technical personnel to deliver engineering projects from start, including overseeing contracts, to end. Ideally the candidate would have the ability to understand the systems and processes associated with waste water treatment and should be highly computer literate with a good grasp of the common Microsoft software packages. This role will be primarily office based at Heathhall, Dumfries, Dumfriesshire although visits to sites to plan, advise and inspect on jobs will be required.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To be responsible for the effective management of projects and deliver a quality service which meets or exceeds customer?s expectations.
- To plan, organise and oversee the coordination of engineering projects managing appropriate adjustments according to priority.
- Maintain customer relations including progress meetings, site visits and obtaining referrals.
- Initiate, plan, execute, control and close projects to meet defined project parameters. Follow and contribute to agreed contractual obligations.
- Estimate jobs, producing solutions and quotations for customers. Provide specific job costings and implement financial controls.
- Advise and oversee multi-disciplined contracts that are mainly NEC3 or bespoke contracts.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are developed.
- Ensure effective leadership and management e.g. to time, quality, efficiencies, cost and other defined parameters. Provide detailed project reports including GANNT charts.
- Function in a way which supports the business objectives and develop the forward progression of the Company.
- Maximise sales opportunities by offering innovative solutions to customers and encouraging all personnel to do the same.
- To be consultative, problem solving and offer a solution orientated approach leading to sales of packages/value added systems including design, manufacture, supply, installation, commissioning, service, repair, maintenance and supply of spare parts.
- Operate the department efficiently and be responsible for the profit and loss of projects.
- Ensure that all the Company policies and procedures for ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 are implemented and that regulations on health and safety are adhered to in order to maintain a safe working environment. This will include any customer?s specific regulations.
A company vehicle will be provided as & when required for company business. Some travelling will be undertaken within the UK which may require occasional overnight stays.
Person specifications ? essential
- Engineering qualified ideally to Degree/HND or equivalent experience considered.
- Project management trained (desirable)
- Confined spaces to City and Guilds (desirable)
- Manual handling qualification (desirable)
Knowledge & Skills
- Sound knowledge of Industrial mechanical installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of reviewing, assessing and managing contacts in particular NEC3.
- Knowledge of waste water screens and the systems and processes within which they work (desirable)
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety Issues in connection with the construction industry.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and that of staff and work in a systematic and organised manner to ensure work is completed within set timescales.
- Project management, planning and coordination
- Ability to carry out site inspections and compile survey reports for quotation purposes
- IT literate ? excellent computer skills
- Ability to undertake risk assessments
- Operating gannt charts
- Excellent financial and commercial understanding/mindset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and customer service skills
- Some years? experience working on industrial equipment/engineering equipment
- Some years? experience of managing a team for successful delivery of time critical engineering projects.
- Water industry/environmental experience.
- Installation, commissioning and setting up of mechanical/electrical equipment and controls
- Success in delivering engineering projects to tight deadlines.
- Track record in selling engineering services.
- Able to communicate effectively to the customer and company management and staff.
- To work as part of a team and to manage/co-operate with other staff
- Conduct the work activities in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the company.
- Must hold current valid driving licence.
- Able to work outside on sites which are connected with wastewater (sewage).
- Able to carry out work tasks that involve physical strength, stamina, standing, kneeling or crouching
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- 31 days holiday a year including Bank Holiday
Should you match the above requirements please send your CV through immediately as this role is actively being recruited now.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959916958