Trading Support Analyst
Trading Support Analyst
Fidessa's Trading Support Specialists provide technical and functional support for all incoming customer issues on Fidessa's multi-asset product range.
Based primarily in London this support team is formed of an enthusiastic mix of people with strong technical, functional and customer service skills, looking for a challenging and varied role in a fast paced environment.
In order to meet the requirements of the Customer base and the diverse needs of the evolving trading landscape, this team caters for the immediate needs of our customer, resolving a high percentage of issues independently and liaising with specialist groups within the business to ensure fast resolution for more complex problems.
You will display a range of skills (derivatives, equities, technical and interpersonal) and have the ability to use them confidently. This challenging and fast moving job requires an enthusiastic team player who is comfortable working both independently and with colleagues to achieve fast and accurate results. A keen eye for detail is essential.
- You will be keen to join a friendly and resourceful team where another versatile and enthusiastic member will be welcomed.
- You will need to be confident and flexible, and have the ability to remain optimistic and calm in a demanding workplace.
- You should enjoy interacting with people, and have a desire to be helpful to both customers and colleagues alike.
- Knowledge sharing - particularly your derivatives and equities support expertise
- Practical understanding of financial markets, how they are traded, how they are used by market participants and the terminology used by traders
- Will be required to develop a deep understanding of business flows and the entire Fidessa product suite.
- Experience with either Fidessa or other professional trading platforms with the ability to demonstrate specialist knowledge of the platform(s) and the capability to transfer and use these skills
- Have an enquiring mind with an analytical and proactive approach to problem solving, even when under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate succinctly and accurately to users
- A confident and professional manner with a desire to resolve problems raised by users
- Able to manage own time and a changing workload, prioritising incident criticality and appreciating time sensitivity
- Co-operative approach to working with team members and other departments
- Able to view situations from a customer perspective and act accordingly
- A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for developing knowledge
- Sharing knowledge among support teams
- A finance, economic or technical degree
- Customer service experience in a financial services environment
- Previous trader support or training experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains regular contact with the Fidessa end users by way of proactive visits to train and aid the resolution of issues
- Analysis of end user queries, using technical skills to identify the nature of the issue and possible solutions
- Receives customer raised issues (via email and telephone) and enters on the internal call logging system
- Analyses each call, using market understanding and technical skills to identify the nature of issues.
- Works to resolve incidents immediately, either independently or by passing to the appropriate team to achieve swift resolution whilst ensuring ownership throughout
- Maintain training material to keep abreast of any functional and data changes in order to deliver and maintain a thorough knowledge of Fidessa functionality
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments to assist with the delivery of our service
- Adheres to "best practice" for client communications and call progression
- Participates in team shift patterns and will be expected to travel to other Fidessa offices and client sites globally
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918524