Category Manager (Inbound Freight)
Your New Job Title: Category Manager (Inbound Freight)
Your New Daily rate: up to £354 PAYE or £459 LTD co (equivalent to up to £ 92,255)
Duration: Long term temporary assignment until December 2018
Location: West London
Job reference number: 65250
Who you'll be working for: Our client is a global FMCG company who are looking for a Category Manager - Inbound Freight. You will partner and work alongside with the End-to-End Supply Chain organization to define business requirements, develop the strategy and implement the solution for a world class inbound supply chain. This is a new Project role where you will lead and coach a team of ~3 buyers with remote reporting, this role could also involve up to 15% Global travel.
What you'll be doing each day
• Lead the development, alignment and implementation of a comprehensive strategy on a global basis with key company stakeholders to deliver agreed savings targets and other benefits that significantly impact company financial results;
• Assist in the development of supply strategies that deliver business requirements across assurance of supply, quality, regulatory, service, cost and innovation;
• Get endorsement/sponsorship for the strategy and targets from the Procurement leadership team and key supply chain stakeholders at global, regional and site level.
• Support the End-to-End Logistics Partnership (E2E LP) Programme deployment team in the deployment phase with focus on improving cost, visibility and control of inbound raw and pack materials company buys to support its manufacturing sites around the globe through the integration of inbound supply lanes to the Logistics Control Centre (LCC).
• Lead the roll out of the global incoterms policy within procurement
Supplier Relationship Management
• Lead the development and performance management of the supply base for inbound freight to ensure supply of materials on time and in full at lowest landed cost, to meet company requirements;
• Assist in the development of strategic relationships with critical suppliers providing secure and cost effective solutions for inbound freight ;
• Participate in the development and execution of a Continuous Improvement strategy and project pipeline, in partnership with the E2E LP Operations team.
Cross Functional Collaboration
• Work closely with E2E LP Programme Deployment and Operations teams to ensure a robust implementation plan is in place and is implemented rigorously in alignment with category teams and receiving sites;
• Work closely with Production Procurement category & operations teams as well as peers in Logistics Procurement to drive the organization around Leg A delivery & implementation plan;
• Support change management of incoterms and processes through regular interaction with company sites and raw & pack material suppliers;
• Work closely with company’s appointed external Logistics Partner to establish a robust commercial model and harmonized project delivery for inbound freight;
• Develop Subject Matter Expertise within procurement on inbound freight, and support category teams on incoterms and rate negotiations with raw and pack material suppliers.
• Resolution of second touch issues escalated from site(s) and/or project team;
• Sharing of best practices across category teams and Production Procurement;
• Continuous improvement of process and performance within category team and related supply base.
The skills you need to succeed:
·Experience in Supply Chain and/or Procurement
·Experience of working on large Projects
·Strong change management experience
·Knowledge of relevant global supply markets;
·Understanding of incoterms would be preferred
·Pharmaceutical experience is preferred but not essential
·Strong influencing skills
·Experience of gaining the buy-in of others by showing the advantages, benefits and features of own solutions and ideas;
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959920064