Service Engineer /Maintenance Technician /Installation Engineer
Job Title: Service Engineer
Location: Home-Based covering Cambridgeshire
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
The company is the leading provider of product and case coding solutions to a wide range of industries including food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, electronics, chemical, and aerospace. Their Uptime Peace of Mind® brand promise means they listen to their customers' needs and provides the right equipment, supplies and software combined for reliable performance. As the global coding and marking leader, the company has more than 275,000 units installed worldwide, coding on 20 billion products a year. The Company's full printer and supplies portfolio includes continuous ink jet, laser, thermal transfer, drop-on-demand ink jet and thermal inkjet printers and print and apply labellers.
They are currently seeking a Service Engineer to join their team in the United Kingdom.
Purpose of the Position:
The main purpose of this position is to Install, Service and repair the company's equipment. This will include labelling systems CIJ, DOD and Laser printers.
- Maintain the requirements, duties and responsibilities of a Field Service Engineer
- Install, repair, service and maintain the full range of the company's equipment
- Maintain a level of customer satisfaction, as laid out in the regional guidelines
- Support regional/national revenue/expense and customer satisfaction objectives by actively selling service contracts, supply conversions and promoting service as an added value commodity
- Promote the company and products in a positive manner at all times.
- Travel and stay overnight as and when required by the workload to complete work outside of normal geographic location
- Manage your own workload and arrange customer visits as required by workload.
- Communicate with Service office staff via the internal job allocation system and telephone contact to ensure that customer communication and scheduling is maintained
- An HNC/ONC formal engineering qualification preferably gained in an electrical industrial maintenance role
- Field service experience in an electronic/engineering industry. Preferably this experience in a sales and service related business, with technical investment products in a competitive marketplace
- Experience of CIJ, thermal and laser printers would be a definite advantage.
- Computer skills are essential
- Demonstrated success in a process driven, performance measured role
- The ideal candidate needs to be self-motivated and be able to work within a department as an active team member
- They should possess the ability to deal with customers at all levels, mainly within manufacturing industries, and be able to communicate well with confidence and with initiative
- This person needs to be flexible in their approach to work, and be able to work under pressure should the need arise
- Time management and good organisation skills are necessary to deliver our commitment to customers on time
- Ability to travel within own territory, often to remote industrial locations, at short notice
Why this Company?
- They're a global organization of more than 3,200 professionals, dedicated to serving their customers through teamwork, cooperation, innovation and the continuous pursuit of excellence in all business
- They offer a wide range of exciting career opportunities for those who seek a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where personal contributions are recognized and rewarded
- At the Company, you'll have the opportunity to build a career in a way no other company or environment can duplicate.
They're innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and most importantly, like to win. Why? Because it's fun! But, when it comes to the development of their leaders and associates, they're serious. Their business is growing, and they need top talented people to keep winning. The breadth and depth of their family of brands makes it possible for them to offer a variety of dynamic and challenging career opportunities across multiple global industries. Working with them, you'll have the unique experience to learn the company's Business System, their common operating system used to shape strategy, focus execution, align their people, and create tremendous value for customers and shareholders. At the company, great people do extraordinary things. Come join their winning team
The company is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Service Technician, Electrical Engineer, Engineer, Engineer, Field Service Engineer, ONC Formal Engineering, CIJ, HNC formal engineering, Technician, Service Engineer, Laser Printer Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Installation Engineer, Repairs Engineer may also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921800