Principal Full Stack Ruby Developer
PRINCIPAL FULL STACK RUBY DEVELOPER - Up to £90,000 per annum plus Stock - London
One of the UK's most creative ecommerce businesses is looking for an outstanding Principal Full Stack Ruby Developer.
This is a 'come as you are' business that thrives on the cool, quirky and creative. With huge opportunity to help shape the technical roadmap you'll be leading across a wide variety of technical solutions and driving delivery as part of a cross-function Agile team.
There's stacks of room to make your mark by applying your initiative, expertise and experience to help realise their roadmap. You'll be joining a young, close-knit team and get the chance to help shape how they work, and inspire others, while using the latest tools and technologies. This means exploring things like personalisation, voice-activation, AI and any other tools that help us create the best possible customer experience.
Being passionate about the product you're building will be as important to you as the quality of the code you write, as will tracking the impact of the things you ship and iterating to continually improve the end-user's experience. You'll be eager to learn, fast-moving and pragmatic, favouring working and usable MVPs, and using real customer feedback to continuously iterate and improve our tech. You'll have experience working with developers of all skill levels, using code reviews, pair programming and other techniques to improve the team as a whole. You'll consider "how can I help the team deliver" above "how can I deliver work myself".
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Being a subject matter expert and a hands-on expert in the full technology stack, development tooling and infrastructure, who earns respect as the technical authority figure. They are scaling rapidly so if you have experience scaling a technology stack then that would be a bonus.
- Ensuring that, as a tech team, they focus on pragmatically achieving the business goals using the best technical solution. Where compromises need to be made, you will work with the relevant team to ensure a plan is in place for dealing with those compromises and are able to clearly communicate the implications to developers and business stakeholders alike.
- Training and mentoring software developers.
- Setting and realising architecture direction, and providing technical leadership across the tech team (front-end web, native apps and back-end).
- Ensuring that the tech team understand what good and appropriate engineering practices are, and that they are bought into following them.
- Writing, reviewing and supporting code across all aspects of our solutions - being hands-on is a key part of this role.
- Working with the team to ensure that quality is built in from the start evangelising the company in the wider technology community and encouraging your colleagues in the tech team to do the same.
- Working with others to set, communicate and steer the technology strategy.
- You'll have experience of working as a full stack developer, ideally on a customer facing product (e/m-commerce experience is a bonus) for a growing start-up, and as part of one or more multidisciplinary teams.
This is an amazing opportunity to join an amazing, maturing start-up who are rapidly scaling their technology platform for global growth. Please reply or call Simon Evans for an informal conversation.
Burns Sheehan Ltd will consider applications based only on skills and ability and will not discriminate on any grounds.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959916157