Project Engineer - Aerospace Systems A330
Cobham Mission Systems are looking for a Project Engineer to work in our A330 IPT focussed on Avionics Systems. You will provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery. You will manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. Additionally, you will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Project Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A strong understanding of systems engineering in the context of aerospace systems/ avionics, equipment and the integration of equipment onto platforms or packaged sub-systems.
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent.
- Working to D0-178B standards and managing projects to these standards.
- Familiarity with a technology refresh and through life management of a project, including on time DDP documentation delivery.
- Understanding of the operation and maintenance of military or civil aircraft, particularly large transport types
- Understanding of military & civil aircraft airworthiness and certification
- Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience of the management of aerospace development projects
- Understanding of the financial management of development projects
- Understanding of systems engineering methods
- Confidence in making balanced, timely decisions
As a Project Engineer your main responsibilities may involve:
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analyses in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Manage technical risks
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives
- Cooperate proactively with other CMS departments eg. Reliability, Safety, Airworthiness, C&I Product Group
About Cobham Mission Systems
The most capable critical control solutions for extreme environments.
As the world's leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
About Cobham plc
Cobham is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected for providing solutions to the greatest challenges, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Click here to find out more about us and or check out our LinkedIn company page
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919382