Motor Engineering Customer Consultant - Luton
Are you a Vehicle Mechanic looking for a change?
£29,500 per annum, Luton
Are you looking for a career with the potential to develop?
Here is an opportunity to secure long term employment with our major international client in Luton. With company benefits such as free onsite parking, Costa Coffee, subsidised restaurant and many more!
Working as a Motor Engineering Consultant, you will be responsible for providing Technical Assistance support to the company's large customer base. You will investigate technical requests for support, carry out research and escalate issues as required in order to provide the customer with the information to resolve the request.
* Handles contacts via telephone and electronic communications
* Fully investigates the technical request using in-house systems, protocol and procedures
* Escalates requests that cannot be resolved to other team members, team leaders located both in the UK and Germany
* Follows up all requests to resolution in agreed service levels
* Delivers service excellence by efficiently problem-solving and reacting in a professional, polite and clear manner at all times
* Accurately logs all dealer contacts and follows up on cases using in-house database systems
* Where necessary liaises with business partners internally and externally to develop case resolutions and action plans
* Reads and researches relevant materials and resources to stay current with product and technical information
* Attends team and other meetings for review of issues, assignments, regular discussion
* Performs other related duties, as assigned
* Full motor vehicle engineering apprenticeship or a technical degree related to automotive engineering
* Automotive technical work experience, gained either in a dealership, preferably GME, or with an OEM or OEM supplier business
* Good overall knowledge of current automotive technology
* Excellent interpersonal skills, able to build constructive & effective relationships.
* Ability to resolve technical queries to a high level remotely by telephone / email
* Ideally Manufacturer / Importer experience within a technical department
* Good computer literacy - competent in the main Microsoft Office packages
* Full valid vehicle driving licence
* Free onsite parking
* Subsidised restaurant onsite
* 24 hour self-service café onsite
* Costa Coffee onsite
* Online University
* Pension scheme
* Sick pay after 12 months service and up to 24 months: Five full days and five half days pay
* 20 days holiday plus bank holidays of country supported
If this is the job for you, please apply within or call Amy on *************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959916274