Embedded Software Engineer (Embedded Linux)
Embedded Linux Engineer
Are you in Love with all things Embedded Linux? Do you dream in embedded C and think in terms of Firmware? Read on good Embedded Engineer.
Alfen are fortunate to be working with one of the UK?s most successful electronics businesses, with over 30 years of pedigree and all production and design UK based this is a truly stellar opportunity to join an organically growing business to further your Embedded Linux knowledge whilst working alongside some of the most talented engineers in the business. The products you will help develop and improve will literally touch the lives of millions of people every year.
Embedded Linux experience: Firmware developer working hand in hand with the hardware engineers to bring our rugged and elegant products to life.
- Design, code, and integrate software for embedded Linux targets (applications, drivers, kernel, file-systems, boot process)
- Embedded Linux experience and adaptions for new hardware, including U-Boot, kernel installations, filesystems, drivers?
- Experience porting open source software for embedded Linux Platforms
- Customization, deployment and maintenance of Linux system and kernel.
- Create complete bootable images with kernel and filesystems containing system and applications, etc.
- Write interfaces to multiple peripherals, including serial busses, timers, generators, DACs, display devices, and SDIO.
- Perform unit test, verification, and validation of the product developed. Creation of test scripts using various tools (ie. TCL?)
- Good knowledge of processor technology, (NXP iMX, ARM?)
- 8/16/32 bit Microprocessor programming ( i.e. Atmel AVR or ARM Cortex M series)
- Use of SVN or GIT (configuration control)
- Linux on VM. Virtual Machine
Keywords: Linux, Embedded linux, Microprocessor, C, C++, application, drivers, kernel, file-systems, boot process.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959915642