Software Resident Engineer - SCADA
Software Resident Engineer - SCADA
Purpose of the Job
Our Client is being delivered through a series of Tier 1 Contracts, one of which is C660 covering the delivery of the Communications and Control systems by Siemens in Ashby de la Zouch. One of the critical success factors of this contract is the successful delivery of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system for both central management at the RCC (CMS) and station management (SMS).
The Resident Engineer - SCADA supports this goal by acting as the representative for the C660 project team on site at Siemens, Ashby de la Zouch. The RE will engage with Siemens in the day-to-day delivery of the SCADA and will support the system testing in the factory, producing progress reports to the project team.
- Provide regular (daily, weekly as directed) reports to the C660 project team covering the progress of the SCADA software development, the progress of system and factory acceptance testing, the burn-down of defects, and other metrics.
- Work with Siemens to establish adequate software and system integration tests that ultimately demonstrate that the requirements of the Work Information have been met.
- Work with Siemens to provide ongoing improvements to the quality and efficiency of the software development.
- Provide assistance to Siemens in the system integration testing of the CMS and SMS.
- Review of build release notes from Siemens to ensure that they are comprehensive and clearly include details of any restrictions and limitations with the release;
- Provide guidance to Siemens in the categorisation and prioritisation of changes and defects, and the allocation of these to builds that meet the objectives for site testing and operator training..
- Act as the client, ensuring that the delivered systems (CMS and SMS) are both compliant with the Works Information and fit for purpose from and operational perspective.
- Act as the main day-to-day interface between Siemens, Ashby for the development of the CMS and SMS.
- Engage with the C660 project team to ensure that the project objectives are clearly communicated to Siemens.
- Support the client?s goal of delivering an integrated railway.
- Take reasonable care of your own and others? health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to Target Zero principles.
- Co-operate with in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
- Act as a role model for vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put information or information systems at risk
Main challenges of the job
- Ensure that Siemens provides daily updates covering the progress of the SCADA software development, the progress of system and factory acceptance testing, the burn-down of defects, and other metrics.
- Ensure that robust and detailed plans for software development and build releases are developed by Siemens that are consistent with the integrated schedule.
- Ensure that Siemens is working in an effective and efficient manner that maximises the utilisation of its available staff.
- Ensure that the delivered products are to the required quality and that there are processes in place to continually improve to the quality.
- Ensure that there is adequate system integration testing performed in the Factory, covering functional, operational, performance, safety and RAM requirements.
- Develop and uphold good working relations with Siemens and their sub contractors.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (preferably Systems Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering/ Railway Engineering).
- Knowledge and experience of SCADA or integrated communications and control systems gained from a major railway or railway station project.
- Knowledge and experience of SCADA design, development, testing and commissioning relating to rail and/or station systems.
- Ability to interface and work with railway domain specialists, design managers, software engineers, and test managers in a competent professional manner.
- Experience with at least two or more of the following engineering disciplines: High Voltage Power, Low Voltage Power, Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health, Communications, and Control Systems.
- System engineering Lifecycles ? experience of system engineering lifecycles and the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects. Awareness of software engineering methods and processes.
- Ability to work 5 days per week on site at Siemens, Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959916590