Shift Lead Engineer (HVAP)
Job Description: Shift Lead Engineer (HVAP)
Location: Central London
A Shift Lead Engineer (HVAP) is required to join a leading Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric property maintenance company. This is a great opportunity for a Shift Lead Engineer (HVAP) to be based in Central London
Purpose of the role:
Responsible for all mechanical & electrical services throughout the building including all critical systems, ensuring 24x7x365 operational performance of all systems and assets to maintain business functions. The role will manage the shift team of site engineers and provide both preventative and reactive maintenance and operational services.
The role is critical to maintaining business functions and is the single point of contact outside of normal business hours for all engineering related building issues. The shift lead engineer will be the custodian of all building services at all times and will be the main on site control function for the issuance of PTW and access to the site.
The shift lead engineer will have the responsibility for the operational performance and safety of the building at all times, and will be responsible for specialist sub-contractors and other building dedicated engineers to maintain high quality service delivery.
Criteria/results by which success can be measured:
- Carry out the planned preventative maintenance programme and ensure compliance with all relevant guidelines, statutory acts, ACOP?s and regulations. Update site-specific work schedules and re-programme regularly.
- Take specific responsibility for the maintenance and operation of the sites critical, electrical, and mechanical and HVAC services.
- Maintain a Safe Systems of Work process and periodically update as may be required.
- Manage and conduct fault finding across all engineering infrastructures.
- Conduct all statutory system and asset testing and report accordingly.
- Develop a complete familiarity with the operation and recovery of all business critical systems within the building.
- Attendance may also be required occasionally outside normal hours to deal with certain maintenance procedures and specialist critical system contractors.
- Will need to operate within and supervise a team covering shift working.
- Deliver and comply with all statutory, company and client specific environmental, health, safety and quality standards as applicable
- Expected to deliver a high level of customer focused service and participated in additional training when required.
- Liaise with, monitor and control the activities of all outside contractors working on site
- Minimise the risk of plant failure and breakdown and promote a reliability centred and conditioned based proactive maintenance process.
- Be responsible for and ensure the effectiveness of the shift team in terms of technical competency, HR, Safety and service delivery.
- Maintain SOP?s & EOP?s and conduct best practice/DR drills on a monthly basis.
- Critical Competencies: Skills and abilities required for the role
- Certified Mechanical, Electrical, or HVAC Craft Apprenticeship.
- Minimum City & Guilds certificate/s within an appropriate engineering discipline
- AP 15 High Voltage Authorised. - Essential
- Fully conversant with large complex multi functioning HVAC buildings.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering operations within Critical Environments.
- Sound technical and environmental awareness.
- Large UPS and Standby generator systems
- Complex Building Management Systems.
- Chilled & condenser water systems.
- Data Centre power distribution experience
- Close Control Air-conditioning systems.
- Air cooled chillers
- Load management and control systems.
- Critical System Environments
- Permit to Work and Authorisation processes.
- IT Technology change Management processes
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Previous supervisory experience of teams within a mission critical facility
- Have good understanding of Health & Safety issues
- BMS and Control wiring installations
Personal Aptitude and Skills:
- Must be able to work on your own initiative as well as within a team
- Good communicator, good customer facing skills
- Charismatic and enthusiastic flexible approach to role and responsibilities.
- Self-focused, motivated and willingness to provide excellent customer service via proactive and innovative working practices.
- Be able to motivate others within the team.
- Desire the opportunity to work towards career enhancing opportunities by demonstrating self-motivational skills and ability to manage a team.
- Demonstrates desire and willingness to undergo training as required.
Salary: To be discussed at interview
If you are an experienced Shift Lead Engineer (HVAP) with a proactive and efficient approach looking for a rewarding role in an exciting and industry leading company, please apply.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959910944