Security Incident Analyst
SECURITY INCIDENT ANALYST required to work for a large telecommunications company based in Berkshire.
The Security Incident Analyst will be joining the expanding Security Team with a clear vision to deliver a safe experience of our brand for our customers, our staff and our shareholder. We want someone to come into the team to play a pivotal role in helping to continue to develop and shape our operational security against a backdrop of significant evolutionary change in our security capabilities.
We want a Security Incident Analyst who is easy to do business with, an approachable and trustworthy individual with a keen eye for detail to ensure that our security is the best it can be.
Responsibilities of the Security Incident Analyst include:
Day to Day Activities
- Continuous monitoring of security tooling
- Perform regular and ad-hoc Vulnerability Assessments.
- Reporting on vulnerabilities to the PVG via the alerts system.
- 'Spot checks' on logs on various systems.
- Building understanding and documenting logging for systems.
- Developing centralised logging, reporting and intelligence platforms
- Collect external intelligence information from wide ranging sources, translated into applicable format and disseminated accordingly
- 'Light touch' penetration testing with open source tooling (e.g. Metasploit)
- Reporting on security events and effectiveness of tooling
- Working with Internal Communications where needed to notify employees of new risks
- Defining and setting a Cyber Threat Level to be communicated to staff
- Continuous improvement to processes and procedures
Incident Related Activities
- Incidents would be reviewed alongside Incident Management to determine if the issue affects confidentiality or integrity of Three systems.
- If the issue is defined as a Security Incident, the CERT resource would take command and:
- Prioritise the incident according to a pre-defined security incident priority matrix.
- Make an assessment as to whether external stakeholders, like external forensic investigators need to be involved.
- Direct and co-ordinate all operations teams to contain and/or mitigate the issue.
- Ensure that if data needs collection it is completed in a forensically sound manner.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders including Internal and Corporate Communications
The successful Security Incident Analyst will have:
- Experience performing security event and incident detection and handling in an operational environment such as SOC, CSIRT, CERT, etc.
- Experience reviewing and analysing Security Events from various monitoring and logging sources
- Knowledge of, and experience with packet analysis
- Experience in web site and web application security assessment or penetration testing
- An active knowledge of current trends in computer security, software/hardware vulnerabilities
- An active interest in current security research
- Ability to work as part of a CERT Team which may require rotational weekday/weekend on-call coverage
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to understand and implement technical vulnerability corrections
- Experience of malware analysis
- Scripting knowledge using BASH, Python, Perl, ruby
- Knowledge of multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, Solaris
- Skills in Host and Network Forensics
- Robust networking knowledge including TCP/IP, MPLS, OSPF, BGP
To apply for the Security Incident Analyst please send your CV to **********************************
Project People is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959917740