Gearbox and Driveline Design Engineer - Contract
Gearbox and Driveline Design Engineer required to support a project at a critical phase of development. An experienced engineer for the design of components and advanced engineering including spiral bevel design, gears, shafts & transmission.
In addition, any exposure or experience with analysis and optimisation would be very useful to this project.
This unique product is heralded to be the next generation of commercial Engines. A fantastic opportunity to be part of something special and add the experience to your CV.
As the expert in Gearbox and Driveline Design you will be required to:
- Design, simulation & analysis of driveline systems from concept through to manufacture (CATIA, Unigraphics, Pro-E and Inventor or similar)
- Accurately and rapidly design transmission systems
- Identify potential failure modes early in the product development cycle
- Predict key performance characteristics at the design stage
- Work with transmission layout, component selection, design, materials and manufacturing processes
- Perform full system simulations for transmission or driveline configurations
- Incorporate manufacturing simulation at the design stage
- Work with the existing team in helping support and manage the process development time & cost
- Degree in Engineering from leading University
- Strong experience with Gearbox and Driveline Design
- Use of mainstream engineering software, e.g. MASTA, Concept
- Mainstream CAD, such as CATIA, Unigraphics, Pro-E and Inventor
Excellent remuneration for the right candidate. This is a small team of 10 engineers. Freedom from the usual politics and bureaucracy so the engineer can get on with their job!
Immediate start available.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918956