Due to their continued growth, my West Midlands based client requires a Solutions Architect to join their well established architecture team. They are looking for someone with at least 2 years working experience as a Solutions Architect with a minimum of 5 years working in an agile environment.
The successful individual will demonstrate a passion for software development and possess the following key technical skills:
- Unit Testing/Test Driven Development/Refactoring Code
- Agile development using Scrum
- SOLID principles and their practical use
- Source Control/Git
- Build Servers and Continuous Integration preferably TeamCity
- Strong technical understanding of .Net and C#
- SQL Server and NoSQL databases
- Architecting Single Page Applications
- Client side testing frameworks such as Jasmine or Mocha
- Visual Studio on Windows
- Web Standards
- Software Design Patterns like MVC and MVVM
- Cloud Technology like Microsoft Azure
- Web Application architecture and scalability
- Domain Driven Design
- Knowledge of web related techniques in SEO, CMS, usability and analytics
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Working with the team to understand longer term / strategic requirements and be able to provide domain knowledge
- Working with development manager to push architectural and development changes through to support the development process.
- Plan meetings: ensure features are planned in a manner that is consistent with long term strategy.
- Pairing with developers/squads to drive detail of new initiatives
- Review newly introduced or suggested technology and approaches to ensure that it fits with overall strategy
- Ensure code is of required quality and follows conventions, possibly through use of automated tools.
- Document and communicate current state of the system and long term road map.
- Formalise good emergent design and feedback into long term strategy. Promote an environment where innovative ideas are encouraged and can be adopted into the overall architectural strategy.
- Identify and eradicate bad design and development practises.
- Keep developers on the same page regarding future / strategic direction
- Conduct regular retrospectives with development team to support a collaborative, kanban approach to developing the solution architecture.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person wanting to work for a rapidly expanding company offering an attractive salary.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959919362