Lead Infrastructure Designer
Purpose of Role:
An Infrastructure Solution Architect is required to:
- Specify and design a framework to automate a environment build, configuration management, stop/start and maintenance e.g. patching from single instance test to complex HA production environments for WorldPay's largest IT programme
- Covering core infrastructure components VMWare ESXi, Hitachi Storage, Cisco\ACI Networks, Fortinet Firewalls, F5 Load Balancing, Linux & Windows OS, Oracle Databases, Oracle Middleware, Siebel, WebSphere MQ & Broker, Security and RBAC
- Consult, oversee and assist with resolution of delivery issues encountered during the project lifecycle (develop, test, deploy, maintain)
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- To provide infrastructure design leadership and be accountable for the development, maintenance, communication and implementation of the infrastructure designs in one, or more:
- major projects or IT programmes;
- significant global infrastructure technology domains;
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to drive high level requirements and solutions down to low level detail.
- Strategic awareness, deep infrastructure technology expertise and a proven track record of delivering complex multi-faceted infrastructure solutions from inception through to successful operation.
- Ability to take complex, multi-faceted ideas, objectives or problems and work with them through to simple solutions recognising synergies and options.
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating a variety of influencing styles to enable effective completion of tasks both individually and within groups. Builds sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals in the business and IT team from executive management through to technical levels.
Evidenced track record of designing and delivering complex automation frameworks and end to end automation in the infrastructure space. e.g. IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS MwaaS.
Extensive understanding across the breath of IT with a proven track record of infrastructure delivery in a variety of roles e.g. infrastructure design/architecture, systems administration, service management, infrastructure engineering, project management, application development.
- Evidenced track record of the development and maintenance of IT Infrastructure Designs, with applied understanding, at an enterprise level of networking, security, server, storage & backup, middleware, database and desktop technology designs.
- Please email for more information.
- Thorough understanding and experience of configuration management and infrastructure system testing.
Allegis Group fully supports the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of disability. No applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of disability.
It is in the interest of Allegis Group and those who work for it to ensure that all available human resource talents and skills are considered when employment opportunities arise.
Allegis Group is committed to maintaining and managing a diverse work force.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959912471