Senior Software Engineer - PLC / SCADA
Senior Software Engineer ? Staffordshire ? Permanent ? System Integrator - £45-50k + 3% pension contribution + 25 days holiday
Samuel Frank Associates require a Senior Software Engineer to join a well-established, growing and successful system automation & integration business in Staffordshire.
The client is looking for an experienced Automation specialist with a background in projects, design and commissioning. The successful Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for providing front line system design for a wide range of industry sectors. The position involves system design, problem solving, modifying and specifying end client automation & control systems to exacting standards and timescales.
Key activities include ?
- Leading the software development on one or more projects on any number of system platforms in a range of industries and system processes.
- Creating and implementing procedures for software development and software release
- Design, documentation, programming, testing, site installation, commissioning of PLC Control/Drive systems and on-going system support
- Customer support
- In-house training to extend skills
- Mentoring junior engineers
The Senior Software Engineer position requires in-depth knowledge of using one or more PLC & SCADA systems (Siemens, Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi). The position will involve the full project life cycle so applicants who can design/program as well as deliver the full project to the customer will be considered. The role will also involve mentoring/guiding junior members on the team. Applicants with experience of managing small teams coupled with the technical experience could be very well suited to this opportunity.
Key requirements for the Senior Software Engineer include;
- In-depth knowledge using one or more of the main PLC/HMI systems - Siemens, Allen Bradley or Mitsubishi
- Ability to understand and create control system schematics and architecture layouts.
- Good understanding of communication networks - e.g. Ethernet, Profinet, Profibus, Devicenet, ASi, Modbus
- Programming, testing and commissioning of PLC and HMI software.
- Configuration, testing and commissioning of drives in a wide range of applications.
- Understanding and ability to configure SCADA systems, WinCC, Intouch, etc.
- Electrical understanding of the control system and how the system components interact. Ability to follow electrical schematics.
The position involves problem solving, modifying and specifying end client control systems to exact standards and timescales. Some travel will be required both in the UK and abroad. The client estimates 70% of the work will be based from their facility in Staffordshire.
The position is based in Staffordshire and is commutable from Stoke, Macclesfield, Winsford, Crewe, Congleton, Stafford, Nantwich, Leek and Sandbach.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959918996