Hydraulics / Control Systems Engineer
First People Solutions are currently working with a leading mechanical engineering and design firm who are looking to add a Hydraulic/Control Systems Engineer to the team.
Your main duties will involve the design of hydraulic control circuits for lifting & rotating equipment for the offshore and marine industry. A very high standard of hydraulic/controls understanding is required for this position. You will be expected to produce good circuit designs with full supporting calculation packages. You will be responsible for producing all drawings relating to your equipment and checking and signing off drawings produced by other team members.
The hydraulic/controls design engineer will take responsibility for specifying equipment supplied by third party vendors and ensure that all requirements are communicated clearly, you will also be responsible for commissioning equipment in our workshop once assembled and be expected to fault find when required. There may also be an option to travel to site to resolve operational issues with equipment already in service.
- Design and analysis of industrial mechanical hydraulic equipment e.g. mechanical handling.
- Competent in producing hydraulic schematics in Hydrosym or autocad.
- An ability to analyse fluid flow systems using hand calculations.
- A good knowledge of MathCad.
- Production of hydraulic schematic drawings to relevant national & international standards.
- BEng/MEng (or equivalent) in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of industry specifications and standards.
- Attention to detail in designs and a good standard of record keeping.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are interested in this role, please get in touch and Calum Walker from First People Solutions will be in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959921064